The interesting thing is that the gamer edition isn't much of a big deal, you just get the bag for free.
update: I just got back from the GW store this is something I found out:
- you can measure everything, no more guessing
- charge is random, Movement + 2d6 (units that move fast uses 3D6 and take the 2 higher values)
- charging unit doesn't strike first, they just get a bonus to combat resolution
- fighting in 2 ranks is confirmed, if the unit has spear they fight in 3 ranks
- big unit test their morale in cc using their unmodified leadership (!) using the general leadership if it's close to them (!!)
- casualties in cc are removed from the back (their are pushing players into using big units)
- magic dices are generated with 2d6, no more miscasts with multiple 1s. Now miscast it's just a side effect of multiple 6s.
- each mage can use up to 6 dices in order to cast spells, their level is just used as a casting/dispel bonus
- most armies cannot take more than 1 dispel scroll
- shields still give +1 to armor but they don't give anymore the +2 if engaged in the front having hand to hand weapons