For general considerations about packing and material you can check the Ogre review I did before, for details about the Fleabag riders keep reading!
- Assemble the models will take time, I put together 10 of them in about an hour. There are lots of small pieces (like the Mawbeasts tongues...) and some of the small pieces have some nasty molding lines that takes time to be cleared. I haven't said that before but plastic glue will not work on this, you have to use super glue. Mine had also some gaps between the goblin body and the mawbeast ride, so I had to use some green stuff to close the gaps.
- If you are thinking about converting the fleabag riders into a mawbeast unit I have some bad news for you, It is possible but it will take some time and skill. The mawbeast ride has half of the goblin rider legs attached to its back, if you want to get rid of the rider you have to cut off this part. After that you will have to use some green stuff to sculp the fur on the mawbeast back.
- Speaking about convertions you could use some of the leftovers of this kit (about 5 heads and 5 spears in my case) to convert Mantic's plastic Goblin archers into Goblin spearmen (or speargoblin?!).
- There is no command group bits in the package I received, I'm not sure if Mantic will sell them separately (like they did for the Ogres) or it will be available in the retail box. Anyway the command group bits are made in Metal and not in plastic, you could use it to make some characters (Wiz, Biggit and Flaggit) on fleabag's back for example.
- Mantic has another version of the kit with goblin archers, in that case the goblin archers are made of metal and they are basically and add on to this kit (just the rider changes, the rest of the model it's the same.